LAKEVIEW FARMS, LLC
POSITION: Maintenance Technician
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Lead Maintenance
SUPERVISES: No One
Summary of Responsibilities
The maintenance technician repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment. Installs functional and structural parts in devices or equipment. Performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as pneumatic tools, motors, conveyors and production machines and equipment using testing instruments, hand and power tools and precision-measuring instruments.
- Installs functional and structural parts in devices or equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
- May repair electrical equipment.
- Must be able to ambulate within and outside plant as necessary.
- Must be able to professionally and appropriately interact with other Company associates, outside vendors and customers.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Working almost exclusively in a food manufacturing atmosphere and also in maintenance and shop areas, marked by close quarters, proximity and interaction with other employees and machinery.
- Exposure to moisture and various commodities.
- No overtime without the approval of Supervisor.
- 3 years experience in manufacturing equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Experience in electrical, plumbing, pneumatics and fabrication in food manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to professionally and appropriately interact with other Company associates, outside vendors, and customers.
- Must have demonstrated thorough knowledge of equipment and plant machinery through education or experience and ability to work competently, efficiently and professionally.
- Highly dependable.
- Good organizational skills.
This job description does not list all the job duties. Occasionally, you may be asked to perform other duties. Your evaluation is based in part upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and these other duties. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer my terminate employment at any time, for any reason.